Dear Family and Friends,
Thank you for your faithful prayers for our family. Many of you may have seen the Facebook post that Cori made a couple of days ago, but it truly is hard to believe that it has already been 5 years since we arrived in Honduras. We are so thankful for God’s faithfulness in these five years. We are thankful for the opportunity to serve alongside such wonderful teammates (Matt and Dallita Goins, John and Rachelle Gardner and Kristen Dow) and with such great ministries of Iglesia Bautista El Faro, Medical Missions Outreach and Hope Children’s Home. What God is doing in, and through, the partnerships of Team Honduras is very humbling and it is just a privilege to advance His Kingdom together. We are also so thankful for all of you who are partnered together with us for the cause of Christ, both prayerfully and financially. God is so good.
Summer time here in Honduras is a busy time in ministry, and we would desire your prayers for many different outreach opportunities that we will have. Some will be large events like the MMO evangelistic medical clinic or the annual youth conference. Some will be smaller scale, like weekly Bible clubs or tract distributions. But all require God’s blessing and for Him to work in hearts.
But speaking of the larger events, we are just a couple of weeks from the MMO clinic (June 12th-15th) and we will be receiving both a team for general medicine and vision clinics, as well as a surgical team for the surgical center. Needless to say we desire to make a difference medically for many needy people, but our greatest desire is to present the gospel to each patient. Please be praying for the final details of planning as well as for the week specifically. Please also be praying for the upcoming youth conference (June 29th-July 1st). We normally have good attendance from our teens as well as from other church teen groups within a couple of hours drive of us. This year’s special speaker will be Pastor Sammy Robertson, III from Liberty Baptist Church in California.
Prayer & Praise
- Pray for God’s blessing on the upcoming MMO Medical clinic. We hope to share the Gospel will a couple thousand patients.
- Pray for the teen conference at the end of the month. That God would grow the faith of each teen that comes, and that any unsaved would trust Christ.
- Pray for God to continue to bless our Bible clubs and that more kids would grasp the good news of the gospel.
- Pray for continued healing of grieving hearts (Jadon Goins was very loved by many as he lived 18 of his 19 years here in Honduras).
- Continue to pray for wisdom as we grow in our understanding of Type 1 diabetes, and how to best help Blake.
Thank you again for your faithful prayers.
Nate and Cori, with Mykenzie, Grant, Blake and Savanna